Adult Carers Lead
Salary19,590 - 20,754 (35 hours per week)
Action for Family Carers is a thriving charity which for nearly 30 years has been providing support for Carers who have unpaid, caring responsibilities for others. We are a Carers Trust Network Partner and Centre of Excellence. We provide information, advice, peer support, counselling and respite day care across Essex, working within schools, GP practices and in a variety of community settings.
We are offering an exciting opportunity to develop a new role within our organisation:
Adult Carers Lead
Salary: £19,590-20,754 (35 hours per week)
Part-time/flexible working patterns up to 19 hours
This post is a fixed term contract until 31st March 2020.
Your role will be to deliver specialist expertise in Adult Carer Support including providing an initial response to enquiries from Carers, professionals and others.
This will include:
- Developing and maintaining specialist expertise on Carers needs, rights, legislation and current provision
- Supporting Carers and others to navigate health, social care and other relevant systems and processes
- Facilitating Carers engagement to identify gaps in services and to inform Carer Campaigning
- Liaising with external organisations ensuring that families are appropriately supported by relevant services
- Developing resources, information and guidance on best practice in identifying and supporting Carers
You will need to be:
- Passionate about helping disadvantaged adults
- Confident in your knowledge and expertise to advise Carers and others
- An excellent communicator using the telephone and in the written word
- Able to work flexibly and collaboratively with other agencies
- Full induction and relevant training
- Contributory pension scheme
- A chance to be part of a Carer-centred, supportive and friendly team
For an application pack go to www.affc.org.uk
Closing date for completed applications: 9am Wednesday 26th October 2018
Action for Family Carers is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Registered Charity No: 1127164
Closing date for completed applicationsFriday 26th October 2018
Interviews will take place onTBC
To view the full Application Pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification, please see the PDF links below.
If you are interested in applying for this post, please Save a Copy of the application form, fill it in on your computer then either:-
email to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and post to Brickhouse Farm, Poulton Close, Maldon, Essex, CM9 6NG or phone Kim Smith on 01621 851640.
If you are having difficulty with the online form, we can arrange to send you an application form via email or post, please ring the offices on 01621 851640.
Send us your application
Once you have completed your application you can upload it to us using the form below: