SalarySalary: £ 21,950 pro-rata
Action for Family Carers is a thriving charity which for nearly 30 years has been providing support for Carers who have unpaid, caring responsibilities for others. We are a Carers Trust Network Partner and Centre of Excellence. We provide information, advice, peer support, counselling and respite day care across Essex, working within schools, GP practices and in a variety of community settings.
We are offering an exciting opportunity to develop a new role within our organisation. Action for Family Carers, Hamelin Trust, Independent Age and Mind in West Essex are working together to help address loneliness and social isolation in Essex. Volunteer-led befriending services across the county will be delivered under the title Essex Befriends.
1 post North Essex
Salary: £ 21,950 pro-rata (16 hours per week).
Part-time/flexible working patterns will also be considered for the right candidate.
This post is a fixed term contract until 31st March 2021.
· With your office base in Maldon or Colchester, your role will be to provide the initial contact with isolated older adults who require the support of a befriender. To assess their requirements and risk assess for suitability of matching with a volunteer befriender. You will work with, and support, volunteer befrienders. You will work flexibly and collaboratively with other agencies.
This will include:
· Helping volunteer befrienders to develop positive and supportive relationships with clients, within appropriate and clear boundaries.
· Coordinating project delivery on a day-to-day basis within area of responsibility.
· Developing positive and effective working relationships with groups and providers across a geographical area.
· Supporting the recruitment and induction of befriending volunteers.
· Supporting the development of new methods of engaging with people to help reduce social isolation and loneliness e.g. use of technology.
· Supporting volunteer befrienders in providing feedback; collecting and collating accurate data as required for effective monitoring of the Essex Befriends Project.
You will need to be:
- Enthusiastic about working with and supporting volunteers.
- Confident in your knowledge and expertise to advise isolated older adults.
- Able to support the development and use of outcome measurement tools.
- An excellent communicator using the telephone and in the written word.
- Able to work flexibly and collaboratively with other agencies.
- Full induction and relevant training.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- A chance to be part of a Carer-centred, supportive and friendly team.
This role would be suitable for anyone who has worked in the Health and Social Care sector or the community volunteering sector.
For an application pack go to www.affc.org.uk
Closing date for completed applications: 17th May 2019.
Interviews will be held in week commencing 20th May 2019.
Action for Family Carers is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Registered Charity No: 1127164
Closing date for completed applicationsFriday 17th May 2019
Interviews will take place onWednesday 22nd May 2019
To view the full Application Pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification, please see the PDF links below.
If you are interested in applying for this post, please Save a Copy of the application form, fill it in on your computer then either:-
email to email@example.com or print and post to Brickhouse Farm, Poulton Close, Maldon, Essex, CM9 6NG or phone Kim Smith on 01621 851640.
If you are having difficulty with the online form, we can arrange to send you an application form via email or post, please ring the offices on 01621 851640.
Send us your application
Once you have completed your application you can upload it to us using the form below: