Carer Wellbeing Lead X 2
Salary£19,590 - £20,754
Action for Family Carers is a thriving charity which for nearly 30 years has been providing support for Carers who have unpaid, caring responsibilities for others. We are a Carers Trust Network Partner and Centre of Excellence. We provide information, advice, advocacy, peer support, counselling and respite day care across Essex, working within schools, GP practices and in a variety of community settings.
With support from the Big Lottery Fund we are about to launch our new and exciting 4 year Feeling Good, Caring Well programme. We are seeking applications for the following new post:
Carer Wellbeing Lead x 2
Salary: £19,590-20,754 (35 hours per week)
Part-time/flexible working patterns will also be considered for the right candidate
This post is a fixed term contract until July 2022.
Your role will be to facilitate a programme of training and activities for Carers to enable them to care for others with confidence whilst maintaining their own health and wellbeing.
This will include:
- Creating and coordinating a programme of wellbeing activities (Feeling Good), information and training sessions (Caring Well)
- Developing and delivering activities in a varied, creative and flexible way which responds to and meets Carers’ needs e.g. Carers leading training sessions which are filmed and accessible via our website
- Promoting participation to Carers and encouraging referrals from other organisations
You will need to be:
- Passionate about helping disadvantaged adults
- Confident in promoting the programme
- Experienced in training delivery or in working with groups
- Able to manage the project and deliver positive outcomes
- Able to work flexibly and collaboratively with other agencies
- Full induction and training
- Contributory pension scheme
- A chance to be part of a Carer-centred, supportive and friendly team
Closing date for completed applications: 9am Friday 29th June 2018
Action for Family Carers is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Registered Charity No: 1127164
Closing date for completed applicationsFriday 29th June 2018
Interviews will take place onFriday 6th July 2018
To view the full Application Pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification, please see the PDF links below.
If you are interested in applying for this post, please Save a Copy of the application form, fill it in on your computer then either:-
email to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and post to Brickhouse Farm, Poulton Close, Maldon, Essex, CM9 6NG or phone Kim Smith on 01621 851640.
If you are having difficulty with the online form, we can arrange to send you an application form via email or post, please ring the offices on 01621 851640.
Send us your application
Once you have completed your application you can upload it to us using the form below: