Day Care Assistant
LocationSouth Woodham Ferrers/ Maldon Essex
Salary£14,743 - £15,611 pro rata
Action for Family Carers is a thriving charity which for nearly 30 years has been providing support for Carers who have unpaid caring responsibilities for others. We are a Carers Trust Network Partner and Centre of Excellence. We provide information, advice, counselling and day care across Essex, working with schools, GP practices and in a variety of community settings.
Day Care Assistants
Salary: £14,743 – £15,611 pro rata
Permanent Positions and Bank Working available
Do you enjoy looking after others? You will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of people within your community, providing a respite service for Carers at our Day Care Services in Maldon and at our Outreach venues across Mid Essex. We will be opening our new Day Care Service in Tiptree later this year and are recruiting now.
Your role will involve:
- Helping to care for clients who attend our Day Care Services
- Assisting clients with eating / drinking / toileting if required
- Organising and delivering a programme of activities
- Encouraging clients to participate in activities and interact with others
- Supervising clients during community outings
- Developing individual support plans
You will need to have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Compassion and a genuine desire to help others
- A positive “can do” attitude
- An NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards
- The opportunity to support people in need in your community
- Full induction and training
- Contributory pension scheme
- A friendly atmosphere and a dedicated team
Based in Maldon with travel across Essex (use of a car with appropriate insurance is required)
Flexible options available between 9:00 – 4:30pm Monday - Friday
For a full application pack please visit our website at www.affc.org.uk/vacancies.htm
or phone Kim Smith on 01621 851640 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered Charity No: 1127164
Action for Family Carers is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community
Closing date for completed applicationsTBC
Interviews will take place onTBC
To view the full Application Pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification, please see the PDF links below.
If you are interested in applying for this post, please Save a Copy of the application form, fill it in on your computer then either:-
email to email@example.com or print and post to Brickhouse Farm, Poulton Close, Maldon, Essex, CM9 6NG or phone Kim Smith on 01621 851640.
If you are having difficulty with the online form, we can arrange to send you an application form via email or post, please ring the offices on 01621 851640.
Send us your application
Once you have completed your application you can upload it to us using the form below: