Day Care Assistant
LocationSouth Woodham Ferrers
Salary£16,380 pro rata
Action for Family Carers is a thriving charity which for over 30 years has been providing support for Carers who have unpaid caring responsibilities for others. We are a Carers Trust Network Partner and Centre of Excellence. We provide information, advice, counselling and respite care across Essex, working with schools, GP practices and in a variety of community settings.
This is an opportunity to join our lively Day Care Centre at South Woodham Ferrers on Fridays.
Day Care Assistant – South Woodham Ferrers Day Centre
6 hours/ week on Fridays
Salary: £16,380 pro rata
Your role will involve:
- Organising and delivering a programme of activities for our day care centre clients
- Encouraging clients to participate in activities and interact with others
- Assisting clients with eating / drinking / toileting if required
- Ensuring our clients have a safe, enjoyable and stimulating time away from home
You will need to have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Compassion and a genuine desire to help others
- A positive “can do” attitude
- The opportunity to support people in need in your community
- Full induction and training
- Contributory pension scheme
- A friendly atmosphere and a dedicated team
The post holder may also be offered additional bank shifts at Maldon Day Centre to cover leave, if they wish.
Closing date 12 noon Friday 7th May 2021
For a full application pack please visit our website at www.affc.org.uk/vacancies.htm
or phone Kim Smith on 01621 851640 or email: email@example.com
Registered Charity No: 1127164
Action for Family Carers is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes a
Closing date for completed applicationsFriday 7th May 2021
Interviews will take place onTBC
To view the full Application Pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification, please see the PDF links below.
If you are interested in applying for this post, please Save a Copy of the application form, fill it in on your computer then either:-
email to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and post to Brickhouse Farm, Poulton Close, Maldon, Essex, CM9 6NG or phone Kim Smith on 01621 851640.
If you are having difficulty with the online form, we can arrange to send you an application form via email or post, please ring the offices on 01621 851640.
Send us your application
Once you have completed your application you can upload it to us using the form below: