Day Care Centre Cook / Chef
We have an opportunity for someone with a passion for cooking! You may be an experienced professional cook or chef or someone with lots of enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
Action for Family Carers is a thriving charity which for nearly 30 years has been providing support for adult carers and young carers – people with unpaid, caring responsibilities for others. We are a Carers Trust Network Partner and Centre of Excellence. We provide information, befriending, counselling, wellbeing activities, Young Carer clubs and respite day care across Essex, working within schools, with GP practices and in a variety of community settings.
Day Care Cook / Chef
Do you enjoy cooking for others? You will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of people within your community, providing catering for older people at our Day Centre in Maldon.
Your role will be to:
- Provide a healthy and nutritious meal, appropriate to service user requirements
- Take responsibility for the day to day running of the kitchen, ensuring compliance to Health and Safety and food Hygiene Regulations
- Plan varied menus based on individual needs and preferences
- Maintain an organised and clean kitchen
- Order stocks and supplies
You will need to have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Compassion and a genuine desire to help others
- A positive “can-do” attitude
- An NVQ Level 2 in Hospitality and Catering or equivalent or a willingness to work towards this qualification
- The opportunity to support people in need in your community
- Full induction and training
- Contributory pension scheme
- A friendly atmosphere and a dedicated team
Based in Maldon
Hours 9:00am – 2.30pm Monday - Friday
Closing date for completed applications: 9am Tuesday 24th September 2019
Registered Charity No: 1127164
Action for Family Carers is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community
Closing date for completed applicationsTuesday 24th September 2019
Interviews will take place onTBC
To view the full Application Pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification, please see the PDF links below.
If you are interested in applying for this post, please Save a Copy of the application form, fill it in on your computer then either:-
email to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and post to Brickhouse Farm, Poulton Close, Maldon, Essex, CM9 6NG or phone Kim Smith on 01621 851640.
If you are having difficulty with the online form, we can arrange to send you an application form via email or post, please ring the offices on 01621 851640.
Send us your application
Once you have completed your application you can upload it to us using the form below: