Young Carers Service Manager
LocationMaldon, Harlow or Colchester
Salary£26,131 pro rata
We are seeking a Service Manager to lead the development and delivery of support services for Young Carers across Essex. If you have people and project management skills, combined with a commitment to helping vulnerable children and young people, please apply.
Reporting directly to the CEO your role will include managing a dedicated young carer support team, identifying needs and new opportunities and ensuring effective and efficient delivery. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your role within a charity which benefits from great support from the local community in Essex and which achieves a positive impact for local families.
Action for Family Carers is a thriving charity which for over 30 years has been providing support for adult carers and young carers – people with unpaid, caring responsibilities for others. We are a Carers Trust Network Partner and Trusted Charity. We provide information, befriending, counselling, wellbeing activities, young carer clubs, Activity Groups and Day Care across Essex, working within schools, with GP practices and in a variety of community settings.
Young Carers Service Manager
£26,131 pro rata
Part-time - up to 28 hours per week (negotiable)
Based in one of our offices in Maldon, Harlow or Colchester
- Managing and developing support services for Young Carers across Essex
- Identifying and evidencing outcomes and impact
- Managing staff and monitoring performance
- Establishing positive relationships with supporters and funders
- Passionate about supporting vulnerable children and young people
- Able to manage multiple projects, services, staff and budgets
- Proactive and keen to help develop new opportunities
- Skilled in the use of IT and social media
- Effective at communicating and working with people at all levels
- Full induction and relevant training.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- An opportunity to make a positive difference for carers and families in Essex
- A chance to be part of a person-centred, supportive and friendly team.
Submit CV and Supporting Statement to email@example.com by midday on 26th November
Note: Applications will be considered as they are received so an early application is advised.
For an informal conversation about the role please contact James Clarke on 01621 851 734.
Action for Family Carers is a Mindful Employer and an equal opportunities employer. We positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Registered Charity No: 1127164
Closing date for completed applicationsFriday 26th November 2021
Interviews will take place onTBC
To view the full Application Pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification, please see the PDF links below.
If you are interested in applying for this post, please Save a Copy of the application form, fill it in on your computer then either:-
email to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and post to Brickhouse Farm, Poulton Close, Maldon, Essex, CM9 6NG or phone Kim Smith on 01621 851640.
If you are having difficulty with the online form, we can arrange to send you an application form via email or post, please ring the offices on 01621 851640.
Send us your application
Once you have completed your application you can upload it to us using the form below: