A Carer is someone who, without payment, provides help and support to a partner, child, relative, friend or neighbour, who could not manage without their help. This could be due to age, physical or mental illness, addiction or disability.Please see our Information Guides below.
We offer a variety of support for Adult Carers around the county.
Our staff are available throughout the working day to take your call. We are happy to support you in many ways, including explaining our range of projects and activities taking place, helping you work out what you may need to support your caring and who you could talk to for specialist information. We are also happy to simply be a listening ear when that is helpful to you.
We are an affiliate member of CarersUK and recommend you join their chat forum if you would like to make online friends and chat with other Carers.
- Information on local support and services
- Help to access services, devices and equipment to assist you in your caring role
- Information on financial and legal matters including support to access grant funding
- Explaining power of attorney
- Preparing you for a Carers Assessment
- Helping you plan for an emergency