A Carer is someone, who, without payment, provides help and support to a partner, child, relative, friend or neighbour, who could not manage without their help. This could be due to age, physical or mental illness, addiction or disability.
We offer a variety of support for Adult Carers around the county.
Our Adult Carer Support and Development Worker reaches out to those Carers that are seldom heard or hard to reach, giving them access to support for their caring role. These include groups such as; BAME, LGBT, members of the travelling community, those with english as a second language and other socially isolated Carers.
We run a Feeling Good, Caring Well programme which supports Carer Wellbeing
- Information on local support and services
- Help to access services, devices and equipment to assist you in your caring role
- Information on financial and legal matters
- Explaining power of attorney
- Preparing you for a Carers Assessment
- Support to access grant funding
- Helping you plan for an emergency