A Carer is someone, who, without payment, provides help and support to a partner, child, relative, friend or neighbour, who could not manage without their help. This could be due to age, physical or mental illness, addiction or disability.
We have Carer Support and Development Workers supporting carers across Essex.
Our specialist Macmillan Carer Support Workers specialising in Carer support for those in the last year of life.
Our Hospital Link Workers help the Carer to have a voice with Health professionals who are primarily concerned with the patient, enhancing their understanding of the health and social care system, providing informal advocacy so that decisions regarding discharge and future care can be made in a timely and informed way.
- Information on local support and services
- Support to complete benefits applications
- Help to access services, devices and equipment to assist you in your caring role
- Information on financial and legal matters
- Explaining power of attorney
- Preparing you for a Carers Assessment
- Information on how to get a break
- Support to access grant funding
- Helping you plan for an emergency