Customer Care Statement
Action for Family Carers makes a positive difference to the lives of all Carers in Essex by providing valued, high-quality support services in times of need
Carer-centred - We will engage with Carers at every opportunity, listening to their feedback and input so that our actions and decision making focus on the service, support and benefits for unpaid Carers
Integrity - We will apply this personally, professionally and in all aspects of the charity and its business operations
Quality - We will aim for excellence and do the best that we can do in all that we do at all times
Our Commitment to Quality
- To ensure that, within the resources available, we provide high-quality services which are flexible, non-judgemental, and meet the needs of Carers in Essex, and those they care for, as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- To provide services that everyone can access and that meet the varied and complicated individual needs of people living and working in Essex
- To make a difference to the lives of carers and those they care for within Essex through the provision of information and services which supports them in their carer role.
- To enable our customers to make informed choices and access relevant services appropriate to their needs and those of their families.
We are committed to providing our customers with:
1. Clear information on how to access our services, which is up-to-date and available through a range of different media e.g. website; leaflets; newsletter.
2. An open and honest dialogue which tells our current and potential service users:
- What support we can offer
- When we can provide it and
- What we are unable to provide, together with information regarding other providers.
3. A courteous, prompt and efficient approach in all contacts.
4. Regular opportunities to influence the development of services through consultation and feedback, to ensure we provide a service which is constantly informed by the needs of Carers.
5. A service which strives to work collaboratively with other agencies in order to make access to services as simple as possible.
6. Clear and speedy procedures for handling any complaints.
We will maintain and improve our Quality Commitment and Standards through joint working with:
- Listening to what they tell us and responding openly and honestly.
- Using regular forums for Carers to discuss service provision; input to service development; and express their satisfaction and any concerns both informally and formally.
- Ensuring compliments and complaints are handled effectively and their learning outcomes are identified and monitored by the Trust Board.
- Ensuring high-quality leadership through the Board of Trustees, Chief Executive Officer and management, which seeks excellence within a culture of openness, continuous learning and improvement.
- Recruiting, developing and supporting our Trustees, management and staff to meet our quality standards and to facilitate a Carer-centred approach.
- Developing performance indicators which are regularly reviewed by the Board of Trustees.
Other Providers and current and potential Purchasers:
- Working to ensure available resources are used as effectively as possible to meet the needs of Carers and those they care for within Essex.
- Exploring every opportunity to raise awareness of the needs of our customers and, wherever possible, to seek additional funding to meet these needs.
The Use of External Audits, Standards and the Recognition of Excellence
All our services are managed in accordance with the standards set by the Charity Commission. In addition, we have our services monitored against recognised external standards.
Action for Family Carers currently holds:
- Charities Evaluation Services PQASSO Quality Mark at Level 3.
- Carers Trust’s Centre of Excellence Quality Award.