We offer a free, confidential counselling service where Adult Carers can receive individual counselling sessions from qualified councillors in Essex.
Counselling is a confidential talking therapy which gives you the opportunity to talk about your concerns, and any emotional difficulties you are experiencing with a counsellor. Sessions take place in a quiet, undisturbed and safe setting and may help you explore your situation and see things more clearly and gain more understanding of yourself. Counselling can also provide extra support outside of your network of family and friends.
Carers come to counselling to discuss all kinds of concerns, including:
- Transitions – when the caring role begins, changes or ends
- Bereavement or other loss, there are many losses which can affect our lives
- illness, accident or trauma
- Depression, anxiety, worries or stress about the past, the present or the future
- Isolation, loneliness or difficulties in a social setting
All councillors working with us are members of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and work within their ethical framework.