Website Accessibility Statement
Action for Family Carers is a Registered Charity that seeks to make a positive difference to the lives of the whole community of Carers and Young Carers across Essex. We are committed to making our websites accessible for people with disabilities.
- We want as many people as possible to be able to use these websites. For example:
- You can use the browser to zoom up to 300% and the content increases in size.
Online forms can be navigated by keyboard.
- You can magnify the map on our ‘contact us’ page up to 500%
- We’ve made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Navigate parts of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- Modify the line height or spacing of text
These are being investigated by our website developer:
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- video does not include captions
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader- further investigation required
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille either:
- Email email@example.com
- Call 0300 770 80 90 or
- Complete the form on the Contact Us page on our website: https://affc.org.uk/contact-us
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 5 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0300 770 80 90. Alternatively complete the form on the Contact Us page of our website https://affc.org.uk/contact-us.
Action for Family Carers also has a formal Complaints Procedure https://affc.org.uk/complaints-procedure.
This statement was prepared on 13 October 2020 and will be reviewed annually by the Senior Leadership Team.