We are seeking an enthusiastic and creative person with relevant experience to work with vulnerable children and young people in Loughton. The Young Carers Club Lead will run an established respite club for Young Carers. If you are organised, like planning and leading activities, and have a passion for helping vulnerable children and young people, please apply.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to work with Young Carers in an active youth work setting, assisting with maintaining health and wellbeing whilst improving individual social skills and self-esteem. You will supervise a Club Assistant and a team of volunteers, liaising with parents and engaging Young Carers in planning games and activities. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your role within a charity which benefits from great support from the local community in Essex and which achieves a positive impact for local families.
Action for Family Carers is a thriving charity which for over 30 years has been providing support for adult carers and young carers – people with unpaid, caring responsibilities for others. We are a Carers Trust Network Partner and Trusted Charity. We provide information, befriending, counselling, wellbeing activities, Young Carer Clubs, Activity Groups and Day Care across Essex, working within schools, with GP practices and in a variety of community settings.
Office base in Harlow (CM20 1QP), Young Carers Club in Loughton (IG10 3SB)
£20,175 – £21,398 pro rata
7 hours per week
Your role will be to deliver a high-quality support service:
- Run the Young Carers Club.
- Give Young Carers the chance to mix socially with others and to and participate in fun activities.
- Provide emotional support and build confidence and self-esteem.
- Challenge inappropriate caring roles and identify appropriate support.
- Help Young Carers to have a break from their caring role and to enjoy their childhood.
You will need to be:
- Passionate about helping disadvantaged young people
- Skilled and experienced in working with children young people
- Confident in working with groups and promoting the service
- Creative in planning activities to engage children of different ages and interests
For an informal discussion about the role please feel free to call our Young Carers Service manager Chris Vince on 07702 858656