An exciting opportunity has arisen in our experienced and exciting team in North East Essex. Help us make a difference to the lives of disadvantaged or vulnerable young people, within our local community.
If you are passionate about supporting young people, in particular Young Carers, and have experience working in an education, youth, social care or community setting then please get in touch.
Action for Family Carers is a thriving charity which for over 30 years has been providing support for adult carers and Young Carers – people with unpaid, caring responsibilities for others. We are a Carers Trust Network Partner and hold Trusted Charity status. We provide information, befriending, counselling, wellbeing activities, Young Carer clubs, Activity Groups and Day Care across Essex, working within schools, with GP practices and in a variety of community settings.
Young Carers Support and Development Worker (Tendring)
Starting salary £21,386 per annum.
(This is a full-time role until August 2025 or longer if funding permits)
Hybrid working with office base in Colchester.
Running of our Harwich club on first and second Thursday of the month at the Vibe Youth Centre.
Young Carers Support and Development Worker – Working with Young Carers in schools and colleges and other education and community settings, providing one to one and group work sessions to help Young Carers achieve positive outcomes as well as running our existing respite club in Harwich.
You will need to be:
- Passionate about helping disadvantaged local children and young people.
- Skilled and confident in working directly with children and young people.
- Able to work independently, flexibly and to work well with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Have a full driving license and access to your own vehicle.
- Full induction and relevant training
- Contributory pension scheme
- Mindful Employer Plus 24/7 Confidential Staff Helpline
- An opportunity to make a positive difference for carers and families in Essex
- A chance to be part of a supportive and friendly team.
If you are passionate about supporting Young Carers in Tendring please get in touch.
Closing date for applications – 2nd February 2024
If you are interested in this role place apply ASAP. AFFC reserves the right to bring forward the deadline.
To find out more about the roles please feel free to call our Young Carers Service manager Chris Vince on 07702 858656
Action for Family Carers is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all sections of the community. Registered Charity No: 1127164.